Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, September 26, 2022

Sunday 9-25 It's My Birthday - Buffalo Campground


Today was my birthday. I had a wonderful day.

Larry woke me up at 7:30 to wish me a happy birthday. I crawled out of bed and got dressed. He wanted to get an early start because we needed to do a couple of stops before our next destination. We got the Minnie ready to go.

We had four great nights at Idaho Falls. It's a terrific place to visit. South Tourist Park was a super place to stay. Before leaving the park Larry dumped the tanks and filled the Minnie with fresh water. I took the trash to the dumpster. We were ready to go by 8:15.

Idaho Falls fountain

On our way to Walmart we saw a gorgeous fountain. While we were in Walmart Larry bought me a birthday cake and breakfast, triple chocolate muffin and cinnamon roll. After paying for the items we went to the Minnie and I put everything away. Then we had breakfast. We shared a cinnamon roll and saved the other one for later. 

Next stop was KJ's Travel Center to take a shower. It cost $8.50 for a shower. The lady who helped us asked if we wanted one stall or two. We were surprised when she said we could share a stall thereby saving us $8.50. It was upstairs in the truckers lounge area. It was a combination room with a toilet, sink and shower stall. The shower was small but excellent. The room was clean. This was the first time we used a travel center shower and we were impressed by it.

We were headed to Upper Coffee Pot campground, it was 90 miles away and two miles down a dirt forest road. It is a small campground with only 15 sites, unfortunately they were full until the campground closes on September 30th. They were suppose to have some first come first serve sites but those sites had reserved signs on them. The host said one was available for today but then we would have to move. The host was not able to explain how first come first serve sites were reserveable. The host did say that Buffalo had sites because it was bigger, 137 sites. Larry thanked the host and we left.

Buffalo Campground was a few miles back down the road. It has a paved road but you have to be careful of the potholes. Larry talked to the hosts and they said that loop C was first come first serve and had lots of sites available. The powered sites were full. The hosts were very nice. We didn't have a problem finding a site. The river runs behind the campground. We parked the Minnie and made sure it was level. Then we paid for a couple of nights. There's no hiking at the campground but there are trails close by. 

After setting up the Minnie we went for a half hour walk around the loops and by the river. It was a nice walk. We walked through the loops and down to the fishing pier. When we got back we setup our chairs. The sites are beautiful with a lot of trees. It's a beautiful forest. We relaxed in our chairs.

Camping at Buffalo Campground

 

A family boating down the river

 

Buffalo River

For dinner we had cheese tortellini and tomato sauce. For dessert we had my birthday cake. After dinner I walked around for a half hour. I finished doing my steps in place. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group. For the week I did 179,584 steps.

My birthday cake

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth