Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Wednesday 9-14 Rain & Walking

 

Camping at Palisades Dam

The rain rolled in at 9:00 last night and stayed around until 11:00 this morning. It wasn't hard but it was steady. When it left it just left puddles here and there.

There are no hiking trails from this campground but we still get some walking in. After lunch we walked to the boat ramp and watched the fishermen fish from their boats. Then we walked around the dispersed camping area where we were able to check out more of the area. Yesterday, when we were walking around the campground we saw something shiny across the river. Today we discovered it was a memorial, it had balloons, shiny ribbons and other little items. The balloons had happy birthday on them. There were a couple of RVs in the dispersed area and a group of ATVs showed up, they were there all day. We figured it was a guided tour group because there were trailers and three trucks hauling a couple of ATVs. By the time we got back we had walked about a half hour.

About 2:00 I walked around the campground for an hour and a half, which gave me 4.5 miles. 

After dinner Larry and I did another half hour walk to the boat ramp and around the campground. When he went inside I walked another hour. I did one lap and thought I saw an eagle but I didn't have my camera. So I stopped at the Minnie and got it. It was sitting in a tree on the river so I got a picture. The other day as we were driving in we saw some large nests on poles along the highway. There's a pole right next to our campground and we have been trying to figure if it had a nest on it. I took a picture of it and it did. I was on my last lap and I stopped and visited with one of our neighbors. By the end of my walk I had done 27,000 steps. This put me in 3rd place in my group.

Nest on a pole

 

Magpie 

 

Living on the mountain

 

Eagle in a tree

When I wasn't walking I read. We had another relaxed day.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth