Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Monday 9-5 Happy Labor Day & Minnie Repair

 

Happy Labor Day to all

I hope everyone had great day. 

Our day started out on a low note but ended up being a super day.

In the morning it was in the 40s with a lot of sunshine. At 3:00 we had a small shower that lasted 10 or 15 minutes. The clouds stayed around and kept the temperature cool.

I woke up about 7:00 to make cinnamon rolls, Larry usually does this. I took his job away but I did let him icing them. They came out great.

Early in the morning when Larry woke up the refrigerator started beeping and had an error code (no fl) he turned it off and waited a bit but when he turned it back on the same thing occurred. We had a little internet, he found the error code meant the fridge failed to light on LP. Some people had been able to fix this by removing and cleaning the burner orifice, they did this by soaking it in alcohol and blowing it out with compressed air. We do have alcohol with us but no compressed air. It took awhile to get it apart but using tools we have carried for years he was able to remove the burner tube and the orifice. Everything looked OK but he cleaned it up the best he could and put it back together. The fridge still would not work. He thought maybe the problem was the spark that ignites the LP gas, it was sparking but the spark was not real bright. He took everything back apart and also removed the electrode. Using a bit of sandpaper he cleaned the electrode and the burner tube where it sparks to. After putting it back together the fridge worked perfectly. He was quite happy. Our other option was to go to an RV park and try and find a mobile RV repair person to work on it. We could have been down for a bit. The fridge probably would have worked with AC power so we would not have lost the food. 

I’m very lucky Larry has the skills to do a lot of the work on the Minnie.

 

Minnie Project

Before working on the Minnie we went for a half hour walk to the lake and the day area, about 2 miles. Larry wanted it to warm up a bit. The lake had some fishermen on the banks but not like yesterday. We had a nice walk. When we got back lots of people were getting ready to go home.

After lunch I went to pay for another night here at Big Meadow. As I was walking there a couple of guys in a truck stopped and asked where the boat ramp was. I told them they had to turn around and go on the other side of the lake where the day area was. I walked with them and showed the driver the road to take. They thanked me and were on their way. I paid for another night and then decided to go for a walk. I took the main road to the day area and boat ramp. There I met a young couple and their dog. I ended up walking for a half hour. It was a very nice walk because there was a breeze and this kept it cool.

On the way from my walk I asked one of our neighbors if his dog liked to chase after balls. He said Jesse loved it. I had found a dog ball while walking the other day on the old road so I went back to the Minnie and got the ball and gave it to Jesse. She dropped the ball right at my feet and her master said she wanted me to throw the ball because I gave it to her. I threw it once. I thought it was too hot for her to chase it too many times. She was very happy to receive the ball. 

I went back home and did some Sudoku games. I took a half hour nap. Larry read.

For dinner I barbecued sausage links. After dinner I put up our chairs.

Then I went for another hour walk for 4 miles. I walked down to the lake and over the dam to the day area. While I was walking across the parking lot right before the dam. A couple of guys were putting a string of fish in the back of their truck. I said to them you had a lucky day of fishing. One of them said it didn't start out that lucky. Once I got to the day area I walked the main road back to the campground. Then I walked the loops. As I walked I met a few people and a couple of dogs.

For dessert I baked some pumpkin spice cookies with cream cheese chunks. Then I went outside and finished my steps, I ended up doing 27,000 steps. This put me in 3rd place in my group. 

Larry spent part of the evening finding our next place to stay. We had not had internet since early this morning and it did not start working until about 7:30PM, even then it was very slow. The campground he wanted to stay at was booked the entire month. He found a couple of other options where there are some first come first serve sites. We will check those out.

We had another outstanding day at Big Meadows.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth