Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, September 1, 2022

Wednesday 8-31 Hiking the Lake Trail

Big Meadow Lake

We woke up to temperatures in the low 50s. Larry got up at 6:00 and turned on our Wave 3 heater just to get the chill out of the air. I got up around 7:30 and turned on the oven to make cinnamon french toast sticks. This helped even more.

After breakfast we went on a 3.25 mile hike on the Lake Trail. It's a moderate trail, it gradually goes up in elevation. The trail follows the shores of Big Meadow Lake through the trees and a meadow. While hiking you have to hike in between boulders and the trail is rocky. During the hike we walked by a stone structure, met a few people and a friendly lab and saw a family of ducks (mom and six babies). It took us a little over 1.5 hours. We used some bridges to cross over creeks and sometimes we had use rocks or logs to get across the small creeks. We saw wild flowers on the side of the trail. Once in awhile the trail was muddy so we had to figure out how to get around the mud. As we walked through the meadow we saw a few beaver dams. We were all most finished when we met a fisherman coming up the hill from the lake. We had a super hike. 

Wildflowers on the trail

Wild berries

Hiking trail

Family of ducks

In the afternoon we went on another hike. We hiked the lake trail the opposite direction. This time we didn't meet anyone. We saw a small boat with two people fishing on the banks and other people fishing on the bank at the day area. During the hike it started sprinkling but it only lasted a few minutes. We saw a couple of big beautiful blue birds in the trees. The hike was warmer and more humid then this morning. We had another great hike.

Boating on the lake

Campground from the trail

In between the hikes I played the last three days of Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong, which was a total of 30 games. I also did the Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 40 minutes and 15 seconds, which put me in 18th place in my group. I played a few games of Sudoku.

While I played games Larry went outside and read. His friend the chipmunk came to visit. We have seen many chipmunks and they are used to being fed so they're not scared of people.

For dinner I barbecued hamburgers. In the evening I walked around the campground for an hour. While I was walking a saw a critter sitting on a rock. I was upset with myself because I didn't have my camera. I finished my steps back at the Minnie, which was 28,000 steps. 

We had a gorgeous day.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth