Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, September 5, 2022

Sunday 9-4 Summer Day on the Lake & Lake Trail

 

Look how big this swan is!!!!

We had a gorgeous day with no rain, just plenty of sunshine.

 

We woke up to a brisk morning with the temperature in 40s. The rain we had yesterday left the temperature a little cooler and the roads wet. The road through the campground is a well packed dirt road so it dried pretty fast. It got up into the high 70s with a breeze now and then.

 

We figured the rain would have left the trails wet so we decided to take the morning off of hiking. Instead we walked around the campground. We walked to the dam and over the bridge to the day area. When we got there we walked the campground main road back to the Minnie. We walked around for 40 minutes, about 1.5 miles. It was a very nice relaxing walk. We saw people walking their dogs, fishing off the banks and just getting up. 

 

Then we went back to the Minnie and relaxed. After lunch we went outside and enjoyed our campsite. I did some Sudoku games and Larry read. When it got too warm in the sun we went inside.

 

After cooling off I went on an hour walk around the campground and to the lake. There were people walking on the dam, walking their dogs, kayaking, fishing, using stand up paddle boards and people boating. It looked like a summer day. When I got to the bridge I got on a small trail that went right by the overflow waterfall. It started out steep until you got to the bottom of the dam, then it went up a little bit to get me back to the parking lot. While walking I took pictures. After walking by the lake and waterfall I walked around the campground. As I was walking I noticed a few people had left and went home or to their next destination. When I got to the upper loop and the sign that said Cascade Falls I took the short trail .10 mile through heavy brush. It was worth it to see a beautiful fall. I rested there and met a mother, daughter and their dog. After resting I continued my walk, which was about 5 minutes. I had a very nice walk.

 

Summer day at the lake

 

 
Cascade Falls
 

Keeping cool under a shade while fishing


The overflow falls

 

Fly fishing on the lake

 

Gorgeous Lake Day

 

After dinner we hiked the lake trail. We hiked 4 miles and it took us about an hour and a half. We met a few people. One lady was jogging, she's brave to jog around the lake because there are roots, rocks and mud on the trail. We stopped because Larry saw a doe in the trees. A girl came behind us and asked what we were looking at. Then she saw the doe. A little later I told her she had a very well trained dog. She said he's doing very well and a lot better when he sees a deer. I was wearing an IBM hat and a gentleman asked about it. I told him it was Larry's. As we were talking he said he had worked of IBM for 37 years. He was very nice. When we were hiking around the lake there were still a lot of people enjoying the lake with stand up paddle boards, kayaking and fishing on the banks. When we got to a giant flamingo float Larry took a picture of me standing next to it. It was huge, yesterday we saw the family of four carry it down to the lake. We had a wonderful hike.

 

The doe checking us out

 

Kayaking down the lake

 

By the end of the day I had gotten 27,765 steps, which gave me 179,365 for the week. I could sync my data so I came in 5th place in my group for the week. I'm glad I did my weekly goal of 175,000 steps.

 

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! We're having a blast.      

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth