Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, September 16, 2022

Thursday 9-15 Fantastic Day

 

Camping in the National Forest

We had fantastic day. 

We started out by walking for about an hour in the dispersed camping area. The other day when we were walking we thought we saw elk tracks, we were wrong, they were sheep. We found that out this morning, there were hundreds of them grazing in the dispersed area. We saw two dogs protecting the herd. We were amazed at how many sheep there were. They were all over the place. People camping there came out of their RVs to watch them. We walked very close to them and they didn't run off and the dogs didn't think we were a threat so they didn't do anything. We also saw a couple of horses. The dispersed area is huge and has a lot of great sites. As we walked we saw school buses converted to RVs, trailers and RVs. After walking around the dispersed area we walked the main road over the bridge back to the Minnie. When we got to the bridge we watched people launch their fishing boats. Today there were two people in each boat. We watched one boat go under the bridge. After crossing the bridge we stood on the bank and watched the eagles (maybe osprey) and hawks fishing. One hawk flew around us a little bit with a fish in his claws. It was a big fish. He showed us the fish and then dropped it in the bushes on the bank. I wasn't quick enough to get a picture but it was cool to see. We had a super walk.

Horses

 

Some of the sheep

 

Eagle or Osprey?

 

 One of the herding dogs

Rain was predicted for the afternoon so after lunch I browned up some sausage on the grill for our dinner. When I finished I walked around the campground for an hour and talked to the hosts. I wanted to get some of my steps in before the rain. As I was walking the weather was talking to me with thunder. It didn't rain until I got back.

The rain came in about 2:00. It wasn't too hard and didn't last too long.

After dinner Larry and I went for a walk to the boat ramp and around the campground for about a half hour. When Larry went inside I walked around for another half hour to get my steps. I ended up doing 27,000, which put my in 4th place in my group. 

Before the rain came I said bye to our neighbors from California. After the rain a few more people arrived. One in the non-power sites by the river and three more in the power sites by us. It's not even close full. I guess because if you don't have the Senior pass it cost you $17.00 for non-power and you can go to the dispersed area for free. 

We paid for another two nights because it's suppose to rain tomorrow and later tonight.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth