Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, August 30, 2015

8-29 Where are we going?

 

Raton New Mexico

Sunset in New Mexico

Wild Rivers-009

Welcome to New Mexico sign

We had a long day of driving, we started at 8:00 am Texas time and called it a night at 7:45 New Mexico time. Larry drove for 12 hours and we went 466 miles. We drove through a lot of small towns such as Seymour Texas, Larry cut wheat there one summer and he wanted to see if he remembered anything in the town, he didn’t but it was over 40 years so things do change. As we were driving through Texas we saw quail, roadrunner and a a hawk. When we left Seymour we saw Lake Kemp, it isn’t too big but it looked like it was full. While driving through New Mexico we saw pronghorns. During our drive Flo and I napped and occasionally we stopped to stretch our legs. When we got to Raton New Mexico we stopped at a Big K and called it a night. We had a super day. 

When Larry and I are square dancing people always ask Larry how I could have so much energy all the time. Larry answers them by saying I nap on the way to the dance. There is some truth to that. I’m a lot like a little kid if you put me in a car and drive around I will go to sleep. It may not be for a long time but I do take naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth