Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

8-17 What a great day!!!!!


We had a great day, started it off by going to the lake. While there we water skied, wake surfed and floated. The lake wasn't perfectly flat but it was pretty darn nice so out came the water ski. Larry and I skied and then rested. After our rest we did a little surfing. The last time we surfed I tried a 360 so today I continued trying. The first try I leaned too far forward and the board popped out. The second time I did the same. The third time I sunk the board so down I went into the water. The fourth time I let go of the rope. The fifth time was the charm, I was successful. Accomplishing something new is very cool, makes you feel great. After that we simply floated and swam in the lake before calling it a day.

Boating on Belton Lake
  After lunch I let Flo out in the front and she started to bark. What is that crazy dog barking at? I went outside to check. I discovered they were delivering a new shed to out neighbor and she was barking at the delivery truck. We went on our back porch and watched the shed being delivered. We were curious because the neighbor had a fence around the entire back yard. First of all the guy had to remove a section of the fence. Then he got a stand up machine that looked like a small fork truck, he tilted the bed of the truck and lowered the shed to the edge of the truck. The shed was lowered down by a cable. Once the shed was at the edge he put the forks under the shed and then drug it off the truck. The forks weren't long enough to lift the shed so he had to drag the shed on skids. It was going very well until the shed got stuck, he had to remove another section of the fence. When he finished getting the shed in the backyard he put the fence back together. The young guy was by himself and did a super job.

Flo relaxing during the delivery of our neighbor's new shed.
Taking the shed off the delivery truck
Oops, I'm stuck.
Removed another section of the fence.
After Larry did his stretches then we went to his chiropractor for his therapy. While we were in town we did a few errands. In the evening we square danced with the Sundancers. There were enough people for seven mainstream squares and six plus squares. We got there early so we could do the workshop. Today the workshop was on circulating in your square and all the different ways to circulate. We had a great time dancing with the Sundancers.

Square Dancing to Brad's calling.
Round Dancing during the dance

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth