Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, August 14, 2015

8-13 What's in the box?

What's in the box?
A couple of days ago Larry received an e-mail from the UPS Store saying they had a package for us. We weren't expecting a package, this got my curiosity up, what could it be? Where did it come from? Yesterday afternoon after going to the chiropractor we went to get the package. Larry came out of the UPS Store with a big tall box. It was addressed to him from his mother. When we got home he put the box in his workroom. It was taped with duck tape so I had to use a utility knife to open it. I slowly opened up the box. There was bubble wrap, popcorn and newspaper around packages and cans. I was getting ready to throw some of the newspaper away when I stopped!!!. I unwrapped it and inside was a zip bag of peanut brittle. I was glad I didn't throw the paper away. The next things that came out were a couple of tin cans, one had chocolate chips cookies with walnuts in it and the other one had fudge. The fudge had melted together during the journey from Tucson to Belton so I cut it up in pieces and put it in the fridge. There were seven packages left in the box I took each one out and each one had either Larry's or my name on it, they were our birthday gifts. Every year at the end of August we start our Fall Trip in the Minnie. We're normally gone for about two months so we celebrate our birthdays along with Louise's birthday before we leave. But wait, that's not all that was in the box!!!!! Shirley had also shipped us the laundry detergent that we had left at her house last Spring. Now the mystery of the box has been solved. 

Peanut Brittle
Fudge
Birthday Gifts
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today Larry and I went to the lake. The wind was blowing and the lake was a little rough. We could have air chaired, wake boarded or wake surfed but we decided just to float. We had a peaceful day on the lake. Larry had an appointment with his chiropractor this afternoon and I went with him. Flo wanted to go but it was 100 degrees outside so I gave her a treat and left her inside the house. I read my book a little. While I was doing this Larry watched a couple TED stories.

Ed Larder calling
Larry sitting out a tip

Our friends dancing to Ed calling
In the evening we met up with Dorothy and Louis and went square dancing with the Coryell County Squares Club, it was their Mystery Dance. I took Shirley's fudge to the dance and it was a hit. Everyone said it was delicious and it didn't take long until the container was empty. The dance was fun, they played a couple of mystery games. One game was where they put a famous person's name on your back and you had to ask people questions to determine what the name was. Larry had Moses and I had June Carter Cash. Another game was name that tune where Ed played a few seconds of a sing and you have to guess the name of the song. He played three songs and the winners won a free dance with the Coryell County Squares. There were enough people for three mainstream squares and two plus squares. We had a super time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth