Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

1-28 Makeup

Do I wear makeup? Nope, never, can't even remember the last time, might have been when I went to Glamor Shots 20+ years ago and I certainly didn't apply it. Dye my hair, not yet, maybe never. Dress up, only for square dancing. I certainly understand why women wear makeup, when I am in the line at the super market I see the magazines with all the beautiful women on the covers. I have also seen the dramatic results demonstrated on shows where they give a normal person an entire makeover but for some reason I simply have never cared to follow the path. I certainly don't begrudge women for spending the time and money and if it makes them feel better about themselves than I say more power to them.  I don't consider skin moisturizers and the like as makeup but I don't use those either, I probably should have but once again it just never appealed to me.

Don't forget, if you click on a picture you will get an enlarged view


Here are a couple of before and after examples that I found, the first one is a lady somewhere near my age and the second is much younger. I think both of these ladies did a excellent job on their makeup, they both look great.



We have built 3 houses and Larry has designed a makeup vanity for me in each of them, a really nice area with drawers, mirrors, lights and a chair, I am sure many women would love to have such an area but I never use it for makeup or hair, every once in a while I might sit there to put on my shoes but I probably sit on the corner of the tub more often, it seems quicker and easier, I don't have to pull out the chair. Know what I use this for? Normally I have a few articles of clothing thrown on top. If you look in the far back left corner you might be able to see a couple of bottles of perfume, someone gave those to me decades ago, might spritz a little once or twice a year.  Anyway, what do you think of makeup? Feel free to leave a comment below.


When Larry and I go square dancing sometimes we dress up and other times we go casual. Monday we went casual but tonight we dressed up. Most of the time at the dances the dancers are dressed casual but when the club dance is a special dance the club ask the dancers to dress up.
  
Larry and I dressed up for the dance.
Round Dancing at the Shirts 'n' Skirts regular dance.
 

1 comment:

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth