Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, January 30, 2015

1-30 Excitement Abound


We are headed to New Mexico for a few days of snow skiing. We try to do one ski trip a year but there have been a number of years here and there where we did not get to go. Last year we were building the house, other years there may not have been good snow, who knows, but this year we are going and I am so excited.


We have made arraignments to board Flo at the local pet resort, OK, not really a resort, actually it's at our vets office, she will have a small but nice indoor kennel, they have indicated during the day on weekdays she will be able to go in and out on her own, on weekends they will take her out a couple of times a day. We have never boarded her before but I think she will be fine, over the last year or so she has slowed way down and spends the majority of her time sleeping, due to the other dogs she won't get as much sleep but that might be good for her. I have asked her what she thinks about all of this but she doesn't seem to care. We do have some friends in Austin who offered to watch her which was extremely nice of them but we decided to try out boarding her.


Skiing attire - Now as most folks know going skiing requires the correct wardrobe. It is quite cold out there, you can dress to be seen or you can dress to be warm, if you are really creative you can do a little of both. I like to stay warm but I also have this really great hat that gets lots of attention, most days quite a number of folks will ski by telling me they like my hat and a few will even holler down from up on the ski lift, we even had a pilot come out of the cockpit and offer the trade me his captains hat. For safety I really should switch to a helmet but I also love my hat. What do you think I should do? Leave me a comment below.


I have been dieting for the past four weeks and I am happy to say I have lost five pounds. I have another fifteen pounds to lose but I'm not in any hurry.  I track my calorie intake using My Fitness Pal and I normally  workout on the Wii an hour or two. I have been eating at least one piece of fruit everyday and occasionally walk Flo to the lake or around the neighborhood. Larry and I also go square dancing four or five times a week. Tonight the Killeen Kickers held a dance where every dance was a square dance, no round dancing, kept us up and dancing the entire time.

Squaring up to dance
Square Dancing

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth