Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, January 15, 2015

1-15 Friends

A few days ago I wrote a bit about family so I suppose that led me to think about friends. I never had a large group of friends, oh I suppose when I was little I probably had quite a few friends but as the years went on and I moved into high school my list of close friends became smaller and when I moved on to college the list shrunk even more. Through adulthood Larry and I always had friends but never a large group, we tended to be friends with a very small number of people. This is not to say we did not know lots of folks, we did, I suppose some would think we had lots of friend because of all the people we knew but I would consider most of those people as acquaintances. These were people we knew from the neighborhood or people we met participating in our hobbies. For me real friends are those people you might have dinner with or attend an event or even vacation with, people you might call on the phone just to say hello.

Friends Forever
By moving to a new town we lost close contact with the friends we had and we certainly needed some new friends. Taking up square dancing has given us an opportunity to make new friends and acquaintances. Some of the people we have met while square dancing have become friends, we invite them for meals, travel to surrounding towns with them to dance and even call a few up just to talk. Many of the dancers I would call acquaintances, we know them by name, enjoy visiting with them at dances and they are sure to miss us if we are absent but other than square dancing we have no contact with them.
Doesn't he look likes he's having fun?


As we age I think friends are far more important. I think having friendships makes life more fun and exciting, it gives you someone to lean on for support if you should ever need it and I truly believe you will be happier and live longer if you have friends. We really need to work on making more friends.

The sun is out the rain is gone what a beautiful day. Larry was tired of being cooped up in the house so we went for a walk. A little later I took Flo to the lake so she could explore and swim. In the evening Larry and I went square dancing with the Lone Stars.

I'm one happy dog.

The dam on Belton Lake

Swimming back to mom.
  
Some of our square dancing acquaintances getting ready to dance.
Square dancing during the Lone Stars Slim and Trim Dance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth