Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, June 10, 2019

Sunday 6-9 Trimming Louise's Trees

Let's trim trees


Yesterday, Larry called his sister Louise. While they were talking she mentioned that her tree in the front yard was about to hit her roof. We started the day out by going to Round Rock to trim her tree. Before leaving the house Larry loaded his ladder and extension for it in the truck. We also loaded his tool box, a hand saw, pole saw and a reciprocating saw. Louise wasn't expecting us so when we were driving down I35 we gave her a call. When we arrived Larry setup his ladder with the extension on it. Then he climbed onto the roof. He used a pruner, hand saw and reciprocating saw to cut the limbs back. While we were trimming Louise and Alice (her dog) joined us. At first Alice was afraid of me, I think it was because I was wearing a hat and she didn't recognize me. As Larry threw down the limbs Louise and I cut them down so they would fit in her garbage can and bags. When we finished we visited with Louise and Alice. While we were visiting Alice went outside and enjoyed the sun. As we were getting into the truck we noticed some limbs growing over the street were starting to hang low so we trimmed them back a bit. Afterwards we all said our good-byes.


Removing limbs from Louise's roof

Trimming Louise's tree
Alice enjoying the sun on her back porch


We were back home by 1:30. I worked on my puzzle and Larry finished a book he was reading. We also watched the GizWiz and some YouTube videos. 

In the evening we watched another episode of Foyle's War. We started watched Kingdom on Acorn TV. It's a drama comedy starring Stephen Fry. It's a good series. Last night I started to watch Hidden, which is a crime detective show. I didn't like it because it was in English and Welsh. It was very hard to follow. So I decided not to watch any more of it instead I started to watch Murdock Mysteries. It's a detective show starring Yannick Bission. It takes place in the 1880s. I watched a few episodes. So far I like it. 

While we were relaxing in front of the television a front came through. It rained very hard and lasted a couple of hours. The temperature got up to 98 degrees and when the front came in the temperature dropped to mid 80s. We had a great day. 


The rain front
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth