Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Tuesday 8-14 New Stuff

I'm excited

The wind stayed around all day.

I worked on my puzzle and Larry read. After lunch Larry decided he wanted fresh baked bread. We had three loafs of Rhodes White Bread in the freezer. We got the package out and followed the directions for the shortest prep time, it took about 3 hours instead of 12. When the bread has risen you bake it for 20 to 25 minutes. I only had to bake it for 20 minutes. It came out great. The problem is we eat the whole loaf in one day 😀.

Freshly baked bread

While I was working on my puzzle the mailman delivered a few packages from Amazon. Our extra  battery and charger for our new camera arrived. We have some old stools that are normally in Larry's workroom but I also use them when I assemble puzzles, the seats are splitting which makes them uncomfortable so Larry ordered a replacement padded seat cover and it also arrived today. I put the cover on and the stool is far more comfortable. We're getting ready to go on our trip so Larry ordered a couple of Canadian maps, Ontario and Quebec. Lately the packaging from Amazon has been interesting, they will ship us some very small item in a huge box instead of an envelope. 


New charger for camera battery

New battery

New stool seat cover

The box that the charger came in


Do you remember the television series House? Well, this evening we started watching the first season. I like it just as well as I did when it was on television 14 years ago. 

While we were watching television we saw deer in our backyard. We saw two does and a fawn first. Then all a sudden a young buck comes running out of the trees and a doe was chasing him. He was starting to eat some grass when she came after him. She chased him until he was far away in the lot next to our house. After he was at a distance she came back and started eating with the other deer. During this incident the fawn got hurt. I guess it was ok because it came back and ate next to the doe that chased the buck. We were watching this and it was amazing because we never seen a doe go after a buck. We had a very relaxing day.


Deer in our backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth