Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, October 8, 2026

Wednesday 10-7-26 New State, Shoshone-Bannock Casino Hotel & Having Fun

 

Welcome to Idaho sign



The morning temperature at Three Frog Campground was 45 degrees and the high at Shoshone-Bannock Casino Hotel was 80 degrees.

We had a long day of driving. Larry drove from Three Frog Campground in Montana to Shoshone-Bannock Casino Hotel in Idaho, which was 301 miles. We stared at 7:00 am before the sun came up and stopped at 2:30 pm. He drove through a few mountain passes. We saw some Pronghorns, a lot of cattle and horses. The scenery was mainly rolling hills. We drove mainly I15 south. We saw a lot of Beaverslide Haystackers, big round bales and small square bales. They use the beaverslide haystackers because loose stack hay last significantly longer outdoors and the equipment is cheaper to build and repair. We stopped a few times to stretch our legs and bathroom breaks. We stopped twice for fuel and once at a rest area for lunch. It was very pretty drive. We stopped at a truck parking area in Montana by Grasshopper Creek, where the first Montana's gold rush began in 1862 by Prospectors John White and company camped along the insect infested banks as they looked for a shortcut to Deer Lodge valley. Below is more information.


Sign about Montana first gold rush.



The mountain by the sign



Fall colors in Montana


When we arrived at Shoshone-Bannock Casino Hotel Larry parked in the parking lot. Then he walked into the hotel to register for night at the Buffalo Meadows RV Park. He had no problems getting a spot. We were assigned B6. 

The RV park has three sections A has 18 sites, B has 12 sites & C has 7 sites. All the sites are full hook-ups. In the A-B sites the hook-ups are on the left. The C sites the hook-ups are on both sides. The sites are long and if you have a tow vehicle you will have to use a long hose to use the sewage. We were lucky with the Minnie being short. The park has a bathrooms with showers. The bathrooms are old but very nice and clean. We took showers. We also filled our water tank and dumped our tanks.     

The casino is a non-smoking casino and the only place you can smoke is in the lounge. The casino has over 700 slot machines, table games, a luxurious spa, dining and a hotel. The nice thing about this casino it's across the street from the Buffalo Meadow RV Park. 

Once we got the Minnie setup I went over to the casino and gambled for 1.5 hours. I started with $20.00 and came back with $46.00. I came back and we had a baked potato for dinner. After dinner I went back to the casino with my winnings of $26.00 and gambled another 1.5 hours and came back with $15.00. So by the end of the day I was still ahead by $15.00, which is really terrific for 3 hours of entertainment. I had a super time.



Shoshone-Bannock Bingo & Casino


While I gambled Larry did research on where we're going from here.

When I got back from gambling I played the Daily Event of Solitaire, which was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 50 minutes and 43 seconds to complete, which put me in 14th place in my group. 

By the end of the day I had done 3,000 steps. I had a fun day, thank you Larry. 



     

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth