Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, October 5, 2026

Sunday 10-4-26 Camping, Hiking & More

 

View from the Fire Ecology Trail


Another beautiful day at Bitterroot National Forest.

The morning temperature was a chilly 33 degrees and the high was 79 degrees. We had a lot of sun.

I woke up at 7:15 and got dressed. Then I made strawberry cheese cake muffins for breakfast. When we finished breakfast we got ready to go on a hike.

Today we hiked for 4.25 miles for 2.5 hours. We hiked on two different trails, which were Larry Creek Ecology (blue) and Fire Ecology (red). We started the hike at 8:00 from the Minnie. We walked a dirt road for 1.5 miles. It took us through a green gate. We continued walking the road until we picked up the blue trail. We had hiked this blue trail the other day going the other way to this same road. Today when we got to the blue trail we went left on the trail. The trail took us through the forest of Ponderosa pines and Douglas firs. The trail easy to moderate. We had to be careful because we have to share the trail with horses. We hiked the blue trail until it Yd off to the red trail (Fire Ecology). It's suppose to be foot traffic only but it wasn't. This trail took us through the forest, where they had a fire at one time. It was mainly in the open. As we hiked this section of the hike we saw two guys hiking the opposite way. The red trail took us up 356' feet. When you got to the top you got beautiful views of the valley and mountains. There was a bench at the top so we decided to sat and rest. After our rest we continued our hike. We picked the blue trail back up. The blue trail took us back to the campground. We had a super hike.


   

View of the valley from the hiking trail



The hiking trails



When we got back to the Minnie we put out the solar panels. Then we relaxed until lunch. We shared a salad. 

After lunch Larry went outside and read. He finished the book he started yesterday and started another one. He also chased the sun to get solar.

While Larry read I played games. I played the Daily Challenges of  Solitaire and Mahjong. I also played the Mahjong challenge from yesterday. I did the Daily Event, which was Event: The Hard Road of 16 games. It took me 1 hour, 57 minutes and 27 seconds to complete, which put me in 12th place in my group.

After playing games I continued reading The Unseen World by Liz Moore. It is very good book. It's about a young girl, Ada, who was raised by her father David a brilliant, eccentric, socially inept single parent. When David's mind starts to falter Ada goes on a journey to discover David's mysterious history. 



Reading is fun



In the evening we walked around the campground for a mile. Then we put the solar panels away, bagged the chairs and put the grill away. Then I continued my walk for 1.6 miles, which was two laps around the campground. 

For the rest of the evening we read. For dessert we finished the carrot cake we got from Walmart. By the end of the day I had done 17,000 steps, which is 7.58 miles.  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth