Lake Como Trail
We woke up to a beautiful morning of 50 degrees and the high temperature of 78 degrees.
I crawled out of bed at 7:15 and got dressed. Then I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. After breakfast we got ready for a hike.
We started our hike at 8:30 and were back by 10:30. We hiked Lake Como Trail. Our hike was 4 miles. We started from the campground and walked to the trailhead, about .25 mile away. The trail started out being paved and then turned to dirt. The trail was challenging in a few places because there were a lot of rocks from rock slides. Lake Como was very flat and we saw a big flock of ducks swimming together. There was a gorgeous mountain range in the background and along the side of the lake. We saw a waterfall about halfway through the hike. While we were hiking our neighbor's dog came up to us to say hi. Her master was right there. We all said our hellos. When we got to 2 miles we turned around and started back to the Minnie. If we had done the whole trail it would have been 8 miles. There were a few benches along the trail to rest on if you needed. We took advantage of one on the way back. We also saw three kayakers on the lake. We had a super hike.
Kayakers on Lake Como
Mountain range surrounding Lake Como
Waterfall on the other side of Lake Como
One of the rocky area
When we got home we setup the solar panels. We had a lot of sun so we got a lot of solar. I could play my games. Larry could do some research on where to go from here.
For lunch we had sandwiches and chips. After lunch Larry did research and I played games.
I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I did the Daily Event, which was Event: Free Cell Adventure of 20 games. I only did 19 of the games. I ended in 19th place in my group.
After playing games I joined Larry outside, where he was reading. We went in when it was time to have dinner.
For dinner I barbecued more seasoned pork. After dinner we went for an hour walk for 2.3 miles, we walked to the dam, beach and day area. It was a nice walk.
Overflow area at the dam
When we got back we decided we would move on tomorrow. Then we folded up the chairs and put them away. We put the solar panels and equipment away. I ended up doing 17,000 steps.
Yesterday I finished reading The Unseen World by Liz Moore. I really enjoyed reading it, Liz Moore is an excellent writer. She keeps you thinking throughout the book. The ending was a great. It wasn't what you expected it to be. The book Larry choose for me to read next is The Man With No Borders: A Novel by Richard C. Morais. So far it's a good book about a rich father dying of cancer and how he's dealing with it.
Reading is relaxing







No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth