Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, September 3, 2026

Wednesday 9-2-26 Hiking, Camping, Errands & Having Fun

 

Frisco and surrounding mountains


We had a gorgeous day.

We woke up to the temperature of 39 degrees and the high of 70 degrees. The clouds rolled in and out same as yesterday. 

It's great to wake up to temperatures in the 40's. I'm spoiled because Larry has the Wave3 going when I crawl out of bed, which is 7:15. I get dressed and then make breakfast. We had pancakes for breakfast. 

After breakfast we got ready to go on a hike. Once we were ready off to the trails we go. The last couple of days Larry has plotted out a track to hike. There are so many trails if he doesn't make a plot we will certainly hike either further or loess further than we want. Today our hike was 4.5 miles. We walked to the end of the campground and hiked the Peak One trail and Phat Loop trail to the main road of the campgrounds. We crossed the road and got on the Perimeter trail. The Perimeter trail took us gradually up the side of the mountain to our main trail we hiked, which was Queen of the West. We had one bicyclist come around us. She told us she was behind us and thanked us. While hiking to the trail we saw a couple of bicyclist coming towards us. We got off the trail and let them pass and they thanked us. A little farther a couple was jogging behind us. They told us they were behind us so they could pass us. They also thanked us.  The trail was very narrow and had loose pebbles. Queen of the West trail was very nice and took us around the mountain. The trail had short declines and inclines. We didn't know we had ascended 500 feet in elevation but at the end of the hike Larry's watch told us we did. Queen of the West trail took us through a different type of forest than we had been hiking. It was all pine trees and thicker. We hiked through a canopy of trees it was beautiful. After hiking Queen of the West trail we were back on the Perimeter Lakeshore for the last 1.25 miles. During this section of the hike where we were resting. A couple of women joggers stopped to take their picture with the lake behind them. Larry offered to do it for them. They were thrilled. We saw a couple of pontoon boats going down the lake. They had channel markers for them to drive through. We also saw a lot of Canadian geese sunning. We hiked for two and a half hours. We started at 8:00 and finished at 10:30. We had a super hike.  


Dillon Lake from Queen of the West trail




Part of Queen of the West trail



The forest we hiked through


When we got back from the hike Larry put out the solar panels because we had sunshine. He wanted to keep our batteries charged. While he was doing this the host came by and Larry asked him if there was any propane in Frisco. He said no but told us where to get some in Silverthorne. We visited with him for a little while. 

Before lunch we decided we would stay a couple more nights so we paid for the next two nights. For lunch we had sandwiches and chips. 

Last night the voltage meter on the house battery was acting strange and saying the battery was low. Today Larry removed the battery, he cleaned each of the connectors with a wire brush, reinstalled the battery and tightened the connectors. It appears to be working correctly now. He believes the problem could have been from a loose connector or a dirty connection.

In the afternoon we put things down and secure because we decided to go the Silverthorne. We're not out of propane but Larry didn't want to run out especially if we stay here through the weekend. It's Labor Day weekend, there is only one place in the entire area that fills propane and they are closed on Sunday and Monday. Silverthorne is 7.5 miles from our campground. We stopped in at Mountain Dirty Motorsports, where we got propane last year. They filled the tank now were ok for a couple of weeks. Then we stopped in at Target to pickup a few things. While in Target we looked at their muffin pans. They had a silicone muffin pan but it holds 12 muffins and we want one that hold 6 muffins. That was ok we'll look in Walmart the next time we're there. The last stop was Sinclair to fill up the Minnie with fuel. Now we're all set for awhile. 


Running errands



When we got to Frisco Larry had to take two traffic circles. He had to do this both directions. They're a little scary because they have two lanes and sometimes when you're in the outer lane and as soon as you exit the circle you may need to merge to the left. Larry does an excellent job of doing the circles with the Minnie. 

For dinner we barbecued hamburgers and had chips. 

Today I didn't do my evening walk because I was tired. I must be getting old because I remember when I use to do 24,000 to 28,000 steps per day. Nowadays I'm not doing 10,000 steps. When I'm on vacation I'll do a lot of steps. We hike in the morning for 3 to 5 miles so I end up doing 16,000 steps or more. I usually do a 3 mile walk in the evening, which give me 6,000 steps. At least I'm keeping a little active when I'm on vacation, which is good. Today I did 14,000 steps.

In the evening I played games and read.

I finished reading The Fives Wishes of Murray McBride. It was an excellent book. It had a surprising ending but it was excellent. Larry finished the book he started yesterday.


Relaxing with a book


 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong from yesterday and today. I did the event, which was Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Klondike and 3 Free Cell). It took me 15 minutes and 25 seconds to complete, which put me in 12th place in my group. I played Angry Birds Friends. I didn't play Angry Birds 2 because I'm trying to conserve power. 


Sunset at Pine Cove Campground

  

   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth