The Old Cody Post Office
We had a wonderful day hanging around Cody, Wyoming. We woke up to a cool 46 degrees and a warm 75 degrees as the high temperature. We had a breeze so it didn't seem too warm.
Last night while eating pizza Larry chipped a tooth. He was worried it was going to get worse. He decided to get it looked at by a dentist. He found there were six different dental offices in Cody. He picked Taylor Dental because it had three dentists on site and they took walk-ins.
They opened at 8:00 am. As soon as it opened Larry called to see if they could look at his tooth. The gentleman who answered the phone said they could look at it at noon.
We had four hours to kill. I was going to make pancakes for breakfast and was getting stuff ready. We decided we would go in town and park the Minnie somewhere near the dentist office. We put everything down and went to downtown Cody. We found a great place to park. It was a free public parking lot. We parked the Minnie at an end spot that had a sidewalk, perfect. Then I made breakfast. We shared a pancake and a shake.
Larry has been communicating with Ron from Tucson. Ron sent him his e-mail address. Ron is in South Dakota visiting a friend and planned to head straight back to Tucson. Larry told him it would still be hot in Tucson and since he is already this far north he might as well stay where it is cooler and see some sites. Larry took some time and composed a long note on places to go and links to the places, that would give him more information. One place he strongly recommended was Yellowstone National Park. Once he had written the note he send it. Ron responded, he loved the information and he is now planning on going through Yellowstone.
While Larry wrote the note I walked around downtown Cody for a half hour and took pictures. I walked around the City Park, which had a beautiful band stand and a bronze sculpture of Sor Capanna, who is a musician. There a city run miniature golf course, that opens at 11:00. The holes have buildings, that tells the history of Cody. It's very nice. I took a picture of the Cody Visitor Center and Cody Arts. I took a picture of the Buffalo Bill Center of the Wild West, we have visited a couple of times but not this trip.. I walked around and took a couple of pictures of the bison sculptures around town. I took pictures of businesses around town. They have a Cody Heritage Museum but it was closed but there were a display outside about the Site of the Halfway House Stage Stop, which was at the spot in 1903. This spot was a rock dugout, that was near a fresh-water spring. Where you can change out your horses and have a fresh meal. The have a nice auditorium and a big old post office. Cody is a cool touristy town with shops, coffee shops and restaurants.


















No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth