Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, September 4, 2026

Thursday 9-3-26 Hiking, Walking, Barbecuing & More

 


Marina on Dillon Lake



We had another gorgeous day with a lot of sunshine. The morning temperature was 38 degrees and the high was 75 degrees. 

I woke up at 7:15 and got dressed. We had a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast. Then we went on 4.5 mile hike for two and a half hours. I wore my jacket but I took it off within a few minutes of the hike. Our hike started at the same place in the campground as yesterday on Peak One Trail. We hiked it to the park road and got on Excesior Trail. This section was out in the open and we gradually climbed the mountainside. We hiked Excesior Trail to Treasure Vault Trail. We really wanted Jody's Loop but couldn't find it. We did find Jody's Nugget Trail but didn't know where it went. We stayed on Excesior Trail. Treasure Vault Trail went through a small section of the forest, which was very nice because it was beautiful and cooler in temperature. We hiked Treasure Vault Trail to Crossover Trail, which is a road. It was a dirt road and very wide. We hiked the road to where Perimeter Trail runs parallel to it. We found a place to get on Perimeter Trail, which was right before we had to climb a steep hill. We hiked Perimeter Trail back to the campground, which was about .5 mile. 

During our hike we saw a few bicyclist doing other trails. There are trails for mountain bikes only, they have jumps and other challenging hills. We saw the biggest jack rabbit ever. It was too quick to get a picture. We rested when needed or when we could find a log or rock to sit on. At places we had to climb hills but they weren't bad. We saw wild flowers at places. It was another super hike.




Hiking through the forest





Yellow Toadflax flowers





Silky Aster flowers



We have a hot spot called Mobley, it runs on AT&T and is inexpensive, we use it to get internet while on the road. We've had it for years and it has worked great, but a year or so ago they made a change and in some places it is now very slow, in some it works great. Certainly not as reliable as it use to be. My cell phone has limited data and it's almost out of data for the month. Larry has been thinking about doing away with the Mobley and getting another cell phone plan for me with unlimited data. Today he found a plan that has unlimited data and unlimited hot spot data, it also works via AT&T. He transferred my cell phone number to the new plan. Now he has something new to play with. He loves new technology stuff.   
   
When we went to town the other day we put a chair out to save our spot. Today I put the other chair out. Larry sat outside for a bit while I played games. Then I joined him.

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Free Cell and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 1hour, 11 minutes and 35 seconds to complete, which put me in 15th place in my group. I played Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds 2.

For dinner we barbecued something new (Rancher's Brisket Burnt Ends Beef & Pork Smoked Sausage). They were excellent. The links weren't salty and very moist. 

After dinner I went on a 40 minute walk around Peak One Campground for 2 miles. By the end of the day I had done 17,000 steps.

We spent the evening reading. I finished reading Five Wishes of Murray McBride so Larry picked another book for me to read. The book is The Latecomer by Jean Hanff Korelitz. It's about a dysfunctional wealthy family, the Oppenheimer triplets, who don't like each. He liked the book and said I would like it. I like it so far.       



        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth