Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, February 18, 2019

Sunday 2-17 J-Five Valentine Parade

Cool overcast day

Today started with a little drizzle and a little breezy. I didn't get out of bed until 8:30.
Last night J-Five had a Valentine Ball where the new king and queen were elected. Today they had their annual Valentine Parade. At 12:30 people met in front of Donna and Tom's house to decorate three golf carts and a flat bed trailer for the parade. The parade started with four men caring flags (the United States, Canada, Texas and Military). Next came a golf cart with a gentleman dressed up like Cupid. Then another golf cart with the new king (Kim) and queen (Fiona). Next was Mary as the princess. Then another two golf carts. Next was the walkers (me and three other ladies making noise). Next was the previous kings and queens in the flat bed trailer. As we walked around the park people came out of their homes and cheered us on. The people in the golf carts threw candy at them. I was only going to take pictures but I decided to walk in the parade. It was a lot of fun.
King Kim and Queen Fiona followed by Tom and Donna

Cupid on the back of a golf cart

The king and queen followed by Princess Mary
In the evening I walked around the park for a half hour to get some of my steps in. Today I only did a little over 5000 steps because I just didn't feel like doing anything. We had a relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth