Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Sunday 2-24 J-Five Shuffleboard Tournament

Friends

It's Sunday!!! What should we do? There is no dancing. We didn't have anything on our agenda.

I read awhile. Then I cleaned the bathroom and swept out the Minnie. We have this beautiful huge Live Oak tree on the site right next to us. It keeps everything nice and cool but it has started loosing its leaves. Every time, we come in the Minnie we end up dragging a few leaves in with us. After I swept the Minnie out I swept what I could off the sidewalk and the slab in front of the door. Hopefully this will help keep some of the leaves out.

Every Sunday afternoon a group of J-Five people get together and play shuffleboard. Today there was a shuffleboard tournament. I have never played or seen shuffleboard played so I decided to go over and check it out. They had fourteen couples in the tournament. It started at 1:00 and they stopped at 4:30 for an hour break for a special service. After the break they played the final round of the tournament. There was a lot of joking around and cheering. People were cheering USA and others were cheering Canada for the Canadians that were playing. I had a fun time watching the players play and learning how to play shuffleboard.


Playing shuffleboard

One of the players dressed up for USA

Representative from Canada and USA doing  a commercial together

Now that we only have one more C class we have been invited to attend the C workshops and dances. I'm still not confident on knowing all the moves. Throughout the lessons I have studied the moves and definitions via a program called Taminations. I studied on and off today since tomorrow we will be attending a couple of workshops.

We had a very relaxing day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth