Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Monday 5-15 Working Out Once Again

Ready to begin

We woke up this morning to a little wind and it was a cool 70 degrees. We decided we would hang around the house. 

When we built the house we had a three foot border of gravel put around the house and beside the garage we have a gravel area large enough to park the motorhome, the rest of the yard has grass. Occasionally we have to treat both the gravel and the grass for weeds. Larry treated for weeds earlier this year and we don't have too many weeds in the yard but he doesn't want it to get out of hand so he again treated both areas. Afterwards he fertilized the yard. While he was doing this I did some Sudoku puzzles.

In the afternoon I decided I should start working out with my Wii Fit considering it had been a long time. I didn't realize how long until I put the Wii Fit program on, it said it had been 54 days. Wow, I need to get back to working out. The first thing I did was work out with the Wii Fit for a half hour using the Wii Fit programs. This program lets you choose if you want to use an automatic routine or if you want to pick your routine. If you pick the automatic routine you can choose from four groups (Lifestyle, Health, Youth and Form) or you can combine the groups, then the Wii will pick a program from each group. Once the routine is made it tells you how long the workout will be if you do it once, you get to make the final decision on how long you want to workout. Once you complete the workout the Wii tells you how many calories you burn. I decided to let the Wii do all the work so I combined all the groups and did the routine once all the way through which was 28 minutes. By the time I finished the routine I had worked out for 30 minutes and burned 92 calories. When I finished working out with the Wii Fit I worked out with Gold's Gym for a half hour and Just Dance for a half hour. Both of these programs will tell you how many calories you burn during your workout, You also choose how long you want to workout. 


Just Dance Program

Wii Fit Program

Gold's Gym
In the evening Larry and I went to Sun City for the Sundancers weekly dance with Brad Caldwell. Tonight's dance was their Red, White and Blue Dance. A lot of the dancers were in Red, White and Blue. There were enough people for eleven squares. We danced with people we haven't seen for awhile. Brad's wife Paula was there and we hadn't seen her since last year about this same time at Mid-Tex. Lucy and Jerry were at the dance but they didn't cue the rounds. Instead Brad played some practice round tapes from classes that Lucy and Jerry are teaching. One of our friends Steve was there and it was his last dance considering he's moving to Florida. He will be missed. We had a super time.


Friends dancing to Brad

Brad Caldwell calling the dance

Steve (in the blue shirt) having fun dancing with friends

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth