Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, February 7, 2015

2-7 Oh My - Expired Items


How often do you find items that have exceeded the good by date? It is winter and every once in awhile I get the hankering for a cup of hot chocolate, now to be perfectly honest I could consume chocolate on a daily basis but that is not the purpose of this post. I normally keep a box or two of hot chocolate in the cabinet, I don't drink this on a regular basis so the end of winter might roll around and I could end up with an open box and some that are unopened, OK, OK, OK, I will admit there have been times where I have more than one opened box, not sure exactly how this happens but there it is. Anyway I dug out an unopened box of hot chocolate with marshmallows, Larry speaks up and asks where did that come from, we make it a point not to buy the ones with marshmallows.

I thought about it and decided maybe someone had given it to us. While looking at the box I noticed it had a good by date of 2007, holy cow where has that been hidden all this time.

Now I don't want to believe someone would have re-gifted me a 8 year old box of hot chocolate so it must have been hanging around my pantry all those years. Anyway this would not be the first time I have been guilty of having an expired item in my pantry or fridge, I have had salad dressings both in the fridge and in the cabinet that were a couple of years beyond their good by date and I know there have been many other items that have squeaked past the date. So there you are, better get to digging around in that pantry and see what is hiding in there and don't even think about giving those past due things to the next can drive that comes around or re-gifting them to some poor unsuspecting friend. Maybe I can sell this on EBay, anyone want to bid on a vintage box of Nestle Hot Chocolate with Mini Marshmallows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth