Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, February 4, 2019

Sunday 2-3 A Humid Day

A humid day

The day started out with fog, the sun tried to come out in the afternoon. It was humid all day. 

While in The Valley we normally visit the two most popular flee markets. A few weeks ago we went to the Don Wes Fleet Market and today we went to the Mercadome Flee Market. We didn't want to be there too early because many of the vendors aren't open. We got there at 9:30 and most of the vendors were open. It cost 50 cents to enter. We walked around for about an hour, it would take much longer to walk thru the entire place. We didn't buy anything but we enjoyed looking. With the rain last week the car was very dirty so we gave it a bath at the local car wash. Next up was Walmart. When we are on the road I drink sodas from a plastic solo cup, I wash and reuse the cup but after a bit the sodas seem to taste different. I switched to a glass but with the high humidity it sweats so much that it would drench the paper towel I put it on. Today we purchased an insulated metal glass, it works perfect. It does not sweat and the soda stays cold.


Mercadome
New Glass

In the afternoon I walked around the park four times to get some of my steps in. Then I stepped in place to get to 10,000 steps. I haven't been good about getting 10,000 steps in a day. When we square dance I only get about 2,000 steps per dance, we usually dance two times a day. By the end of the day I don't feel like walking around the park. On the weekends we don't dance so I have no excuse. I just don't feel like it. For the next month that we are in the Valley I'm going to try to get my steps in if weather permits. 

We spent the evening reading. I baked some raisin oatmeal cookies for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth