Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Wednesday 5-24 Wonderful Wednesday


We had a wonderful day of doing this and that.

The first thing we did was go to town for Larry's dentist appointment. Awhile back the dentist filled a couple of teeth at the gum line, every since Larry has been having trouble eating on that side. He wanted to find out what the problem was. He called the dentist office while we were on our trip and made an appointment and this morning was the day. We arrived early and they took him right in. The dentist told him that he needed a root canal on the tooth that was giving him the problem, they made him an appointment to see an Endodontist next week.

Going to the dentist

Our boat has a beautiful custom cover that we use during the off seasons. It's so heavy that we don't use it during the summer. We keep the boat in the garage so the boat is out of the weather but when he blows out the garage Flo's fur and dust will blow into the boat. He decided we should get a universal lightweight cover to solve the problem. On the way home from the dentist we stopped by Walmart and Academy to see what they had to offer. We checked the covers out and decided to wait considering we really didn't want to spend as much as they wanted for the cover. When we got back home Larry did some research on covers. He found an inexpensive one on Ebay that he ordered.

We have a lawn crew come out every other Thursday to mow our yard, trim around the edges and blow things off. This week is their off week so I decided to mow the front yard. We had rain in the last week and the grass was getting high and I didn't want the yard to get out of control. While mowing I found a few fire ant hills so when I finished mowing I treated the hills. Larry blew out the garage, porch and the driveway. He also treated for weeds. Flo laid outside to keep us company.


Mowing the yard

In the afternoon I took an hour nap and Larry did a little reading. When I woke up I worked out on my Wii Fit for a half hour.

We're having a fun time with our Amazon Dot. We programmed it to turn on and off the lamp with a programmable plug module and really love it so Larry ordered a couple more modules. This afternoon they came in and Larry programmed one to turn on and off the fan in the hall. Now we need to decide what to use the other one on. The Alexa is great.

I'm loving using my new cast iron pizza pan. Everytime I cook something in the oven I use it considering it bakes so much more consistent. I use it in the morning when I bake biscuits and the evening when I bake cookies. I almost forgot I use Alexa as a timer for the baking. It works excellent.

In the evening we watched YouTube videos and a movie on Amazon. The movie we watched was On Any Sunday, which was about motorcycle racing. It was a 1971 documentary starring Steve McQueen. It was a good movie. After the movie I worked on my puzzle and did my daily challenges. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth