Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, May 6, 2016

5-5 Doing Weekly Chores

Mowing the Yard
Larry woke up early this morning feeling lousy. I think he caught what I've had for over a week. We hung around the house most of the day. I read and did a little housework. After lunch I loaded Flo into the car and headed to HEB to do our weekly grocery shopping. When I got back Larry was surprised that I was back so soon, I was gone about an hour and usually we're gone for a couple of hours. I put the groceries away and then I mowed the lawn. Larry had been sleeping on the couch all day and there was no way he could help, I told him that was ok. Today I mowed the front and back yard. When I finished the front yard I trimmed the edges with the weedeater then I blew off the trimmings. Next I mowed the front half of the backyard. Our back yard is quite large so we normally mow the front half separately from the back half. It took me an hour and half to do this. When I finished I relaxed the rest of the day and read some more.

Watching television
In the evening we watched a few PBS shows: Overheard and an hour of Stories of the Mind. Overheard was an interview with Henry Louis Gates Jr. about his new documentary serious Black America After MLK. The first half hour of Stories of the Mind was about how people overcome depression. The other half hour was on how three veterans overcome their challenges when they are reintegrating in their civilian lives. The two episodes of Stories of the Mind were very good. The rest of the evening we watched some YouTube videos and I read. Hopefully Larry will be feeling better tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth