Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, May 13, 2016

5-12 What a great day!!!!!!

Swimming in Nolan Creek
Once again it was overcast in the morning. We needed to go to The UPS Store to pickup a package so we loaded Flo into the car and went to town. The package that was waiting for us was our new sprinklers heads that Larry just ordered a couple of days ago. Then we stopped by and filled up the car with gas. Afterwards Flo's wish came true, we took her to Nolan Creek so she could go swimming. The creek was higher than it was the other day but that didn't stop Flo. I think she really enjoys swimming in the current of Nolan Creek. She just hangs in the current and swims, when she's finished she swims out of the current. While I was walking Flo around the area Larry read. On the way to The UPS Store Larry stopped by the bakery across the street from the high school. Larry had read that it had great food and you had to get there early before the items disappeared, once the item is gone they don't bake it again until the next day. He bought a cinnamon roll. It was huge so he only bought one. When we got home we had lunch and ate the roll as our lunch dessert. The reviews were right, the cinnamon roll was delicious. In the afternoon I finished listening to the Cork O'Connor book, Northwest Angle and Larry finished reading The Devil's Bed. I vacuumed the house.

Vacuuming the house
Audio Books
After listening to Northwest Angle via the audio book I have decided I prefer to either read the book on the kindle or having the book in my hands. It was a good experience but I found that it takes a lot of concentration otherwise you loose your place and miss pieces of the book. I didn't want to disturb Larry so I had to wear ear phones. I noticed that the volume had to be adjusted once in awhile because they start to slip out of my ears. Other times the ear phones made my ears sore.

Friends enjoying themselves during the Coryell County Squares Dance
Waiting for the next call
Dale Smith and Wendell Moore calling the dance
Larry enjoying watching friends square dance
Deer grazing in our backyard
In the evening Larry and I went to Gatesville to dance with the Coryell County Squares. While we were waiting to leave for the dance we looked out our window and saw four deer walking along the tree line in our backyard. It's always a pleasure to watch the deer grazing. Ed Larder still wasn't feeling well so Wendell Moore called the Coryell County Squares. Dale Smith and his wife Pam were there so Dale helped Wendell call the dance. There were enough people for two squares and had a few people leftover. We had a fun time.

What a great day!!!!!
We had a great day. We took Flo for a swim and I walked a long the banks of Nolan Creek. Larry and I finished reading our books. We went dancing in the evening. While doing our activities we laughed and had fun. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth