Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, May 7, 2016

5-6 Feeling Better ?

Getting Better.
I stayed up until 4:00 am to finish reading the book Just One Look. Even though I had read it before I still enjoyed reading it. This morning when I got up Larry was at the computer so I knew he was feeling a bit better. Later in the morning we loaded Flo into the car and headed to town. We had finished reading the books we checked out of the library and we wanted to return them along with the Mad Men series DVDs. While at the library we checked out a William Kent Krueger book called The Devil's Bed. It's not a Cork O'Connor story but we decided to read it to see if we like it. We only need to read three more of the Cork O'Connor books to finish up the series. The next one in the series was checked out so we put it on hold. We did find it on audio book so we checked that out. After visiting the library we went home.

Since I didn't get to bed until 4:00 am I did not get much sleep so in the afternoon I went back to bed. While I was sleeping Larry converted the audio book we checked out from CD's to computer files so we could listen to it via a mp3 player or our tablet. The other day a friend of ours suggested we might like books written by Tony Hillerman. Larry found one on the library e-book site, he checked it out and completed reading it on the Kindle the very same day. When you checkout an e-book you can keep it for up to two weeks. I have never read a book via the Kindle and since the book sounded like something I would like I decided to give it a go. I will let you know what I think.

We were going to go to Killeen to dance with the Killeen Kickers but decided to pass on it because Larry still isn't feeling 100%. During the evening we streamed a movie on Amazon called The Racing Scene. It was a 1969 movie narrated by James Garner about a year of his racing team. It was a good movie. Afterwards we watched the rest of an American Masters episode about Johnny Carson, it was very good. We had a nice day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth