Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Monday 9-23 Overcast Day

Overcast Day

Larry woke up to rain. I heard the rain but I stayed in bed. It didn't last long. When I got up it was gone. The clouds stayed in all day and it sprinkled off and on. Not having internet for a few days got us behind on a couple of things but we are caught up. We also caught up on some YouTube videos we follow and did some reading.

Mosquito Lake State Park check in booth

Later in the day we went for a walk around the the campground. When we got back to the Minnie Larry went inside and I decided to walk around a little more. I ended up walking for another half hour. I walked down to the boat launch and took a few pictures of Mosquito Lake. When I was walking back I decided to hike the Beaver Trail. I wasn't sure how muddy it was going to be but it was only muddy at a couple of spots. The flyer on the trail said it was 1.25 miles loop but unless I missed something it actually was half that distance. The trail was flat and very easy to walk. It did have tree roots in the trail. The trail went through a forest, by a pond, over a creek via a bridge and was very well marked. It was a very nice hike.


Ducks enjoying a swim in Mosquito Lake

The pond along Beaver Trail

The bridge to cross over a creek

Getting ready for the Halloween Bash

This weekend the park is having a Halloween Bash. The event has a contest on the best decorated site, games, food and drinks. It takes place on Saturday and Sunday. As I was walking I noticed a couple of the campers were already getting into the spirit. One went all out and had huge decorations. The site had a witch, a pumpkin that looks like a carriage and an arch. I went back in the evening and took pictures but they didn't come out. The other site had a witch and the sign post was a ghost.

In the evening we read. We had a very laid back day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth