Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, July 8, 2019

Sunday 7-7-19 Barbecuing Ribs

Beautiful Day

We had a beautiful day of sunshine. At the house our thermostat read 100 degrees at 4:30. 

This morning while Larry read the paper we watched the weekly episode of the GizWiz. I started working on my yearly book and read a bit. Larry started reading another book.

A few days ago when we went grocery shopping we bought a rack of pork ribs. The gas grill is in pieces so we decided to use the charcoal grill. At lunchtime Larry got the grill ready and I discovered the ribs were still a bit frozen so I decided to grill some salmon patties. They cooked a bit faster than normal and by the time I removed them they were a little crispy. Even though they were crispy they tasted good. When it was time for dinner Larry lit the grill once again and I barbecued the ribs. On the gas grill they usually take about 45 minutes but the charcoal was hotter and it only took 20 minutes. They came out excellent.


Ribs prepared to be barbecued

The finished product

While I was barbecuing I checked on my flowers. There were more flowers growing. The flowers in the back part of the planter finally started growing. I guess they were slower to start because they weren't getting much sun.


New flowers
  
In the evening we watched Spiderman: Homecoming again. Then I watched a few episodes of Murdock Mysteries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth