Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Monday 2-25 Getting Floor Time


We're finished with our C1 square dance classes so today we started to get some floor time. We began the day by going to Bronc Wise's C1 workshop at the Peppermint Palace. We worked on Making Magic and Magic Columns. He put us in different positions and even the experienced dancers were struggling because they're not use to doing the moves from those positions. The next one was Three by Two Acey Ducey. Four couples from the class showed up which made exactly eight squares.

We had an hour and a half break for lunch before we started our second C1 workshop, this one was with Darryl Lipscomb at Pharr South, he had seven squares. Once again all four couples from the class showed up. Darryl went through a few more moves. He put us in different positions on each move. He worked on Linear Action, Vertical Tag and Siamese Concepts. The one I had the most problem was vertical tag, I kept turning the wrong way. 

Both of the workshops were run by computer and when they programmed the computer they made sure the class couples weren't in the same squares together. This worked out great, it put all of the new folks with experienced dancers. We had super squares and the dancers were very helpful. By doing the workshops I found out what moves I need more work on. Once I know the definitions and dance a bit I will do a lot better. Just like anything new it takes practice to get better.

By the time we got home I was tired. I spent the evening reading and studying the C1 moves. LIFE IS GOOD!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth