Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Monday 12-24 Christmas Eve


We had a super day. 

Last night before I went to bed I put a loaf of Rhodes frozen white bread in a bread pan so it would be thawed out by morning but I forgot that the granite countertops are cold so when Larry got up the bread hadn't risen. Larry put it in the microwave, he didn't turn it on but left the light on to help it to raise. It took about six hours before I baked it. I baked it for 25 minutes, let it cool for a couple of minutes and sliced it up. It came out perfect. The only problem with fresh baked bread is that we eat the whole loaf in one day. When it comes to fresh baked bread I simply have no self control.


Freshly baked bread

After lunch we went to town to fill car up with gas and to check our mail the last time before our trip. When we got home I finished loading the Minnie, we're going to be on the road tomorrow.

Tonight we had a nice Christmas Eve dinner. We had coconut shrimp and fried potatoes. 


Coconut Shrimp

Fried Potatoes

In the evening we watched The Polar Express. We own the DVD and it has kind of become a tradition to watch it every Christmas. I still enjoy it very much. Afterwards we watched an episode of Miss Marple. Larry called his mom in Tucson to wish her, Louise and his brother Ray a Merry Christmas. We had a super Christmas Eve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth