Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Wednesday 7-4 Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July. We started the day out by going to the Fourth of July parade in Belton. Belton has been doing the parade for 99 years and has over 200 entries from around Belton and surrounding areas. We parked a couple of blocks away at Confederate Park and used a temporary bridge to cross over Nolan Creek, the city installs the bridge every year. We arrived early to ensure we got a seat on the bleachers and in the shade. Before the parade started a young girl was walking around giving out fans to help keep people cool. We saw a lot of beautiful floats, horses, marching bands, military and law enforcement agencies. Most years by the time the parade is over it is very hot but this year it was only 82 degrees, very comfortable sitting in the shade and watching the parade. We had a great time.

Happy Fourth of July

Bell County Comic.Com Float


Citizen Police Academy Float

One of the floats that the 3C Cowboy Fellowship had (a Chuck Wagon)

Copperas Cove Royalty float

In the afternoon I worked on my annual book, my puzzle and took a nap. Larry read.

While I was napping a front came in. There was thunder and then the rain came. It rained a couple of times, it didn't last too long but at least we got some rain. When I woke up I made some Rice Crispy Treats for dessert. For our Fourth of July dinner we had hatch chili sausages. I barbecued during the rain but I kept dry under the back porch.

Her comes the rain.

Rice Crispy Treats


In the evening we finished watching The Tunnel on PBS. It was the final season and if I had known they were going to kill one off one of the main characters I don't think I would have watched the series. Then I worked out with Just Dance for 45 minutes. We had a super Fourth of July.


Having fun with Just Dance


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth