Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Wednesday 6-20 Why am I excited?

I'm so excited!!!

We had a muggy day and it rained once in awhile. I finished my puzzle and Larry read. It took me sixteen days to assemble Harbor Master jigsaw puzzle.


Harbor Master Jigsaw Puzzle by Buffalo

Last week my glasses got damaged. We were boating with our friends in Marble Falls and I had wrapped my glasses in my tee shirt and put them on the seat, the shirt fell on the floor and Larry thinks he might have stepped on them. Anyway one of the lenses came out, Larry was able to get the lens back in but my glasses were kind of crooked. We buy our glasses from Zenni Optical so we got  online to order me a new pair, they didn't have the exact same glasses so we chose a new one that I liked. We were amazed to find that my current glasses were six years old. Zenni Optical is located in China so we didn't expect to see the glasses for awhile. We were notified that they had been shipped and today they arrived. This was a pleasant surprise, it only took a bit over a week. After lunch we went to town to pick up the glasses at the UPS Store. On the envelope it said they shipped from Novato California. The glasses fit perfect and I see great. The lens on the new glasses are oval and the frames are a little thinner, they are quite a bit lighter than my old glasses.


Old glasses

New glasses

Old glasses

New glasses

Yesterday, Larry called the Alexa help desk to see if they could help with why our Fire Tablet wasn't showing recipes. The lady told him to install a new update and if that did not work call back. I was very surprised when he called back that he got the same person on the phone. She tried to help him but couldn't so she sent a note to the programmers about the problem. Before we went to town today he tried the show recipes command with the Fire Tablet, he was surprised when it worked. We found a couple of no bake recipes that sounded good so we made a list of ingredients we needed. After picking up my glasses we went to Walmart and picked up the items we needed. 

When we returned to home I made No Bake Cookie V, which were oatmeal peanut butter cocoa cookies. They were easy to make and took about a half hour to prepare. We let them setup for an hour and tried them out. They came out excellent. They are very rich in flavoring.


No Bake Cookies V

In the evening we finished watching the first season of Case Histories. I like this series very much. It's not like some of the detective series I watch, it doesn't just concentrate on the case it gives a personal touch. LIFE IS GOOD!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth