Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, June 18, 2018

Sunday 6-17 Happy Father's Day



Happy Father's Day to everyone.

My father is no longer with us but he is still remembered not only for being a great father but also for some of his great talents. Today my sister Alexis put a post on Facebook about how talented our father was and included a photo of  four, 6 inch Kachinas that he had made for her, they were beautiful. Over the years he had given Larry and I four of his larger Kachinas, I added a picture of them to her Facebook post. Dad had adopted the Native American name of Silver Fox for his creations.

Mike, one of my brother-in laws was also extremely talented, he especially excelled at metal work. He made us a couple items to thank us for our hospitaly when they would come and visit. He is no longer with us but we will always be able to remember him through his great art. 


Alexis's collections of Kachinas by Silver Fox
 
Our collection of Kachinas by Silver Fox
Stallions running free by Mike

A lizard by Mike

Larry started the day out by smoking a pork roast on the gas grill. We hadn't done this in a long time. When we smoke something we have to stay around the house to monitor the temperature of the grill. Larry kept the temperature between 220 and 225, it took 3 hours. The pork came out extremely moist and had an excellent smoke flavor, really good. We had it for lunch and dinner.


Smoking pork on the grill

Larry cutting up the pork

While the meat was smoking I worked on my puzzle and Larry played with the Fire Tablet. As he was playing with it he realized that the recipes wouldn't show up on the tablet so he reloaded the tablet. It didn't take as long as he thought it would but it started showing adds. Larry called the help line, he got right through to a person who was able to remove the adds, she gave him excellent support. The recipe application still doesn't work correctly but that's ok, we really didn't need them.

In the evening I baked more of the oatmeal peanut butter cookies. I cut back the amount of butter and cooked it on the pizza pan. I also forgot to put in the oatmeal. I baked them for 15 minutes, I think I over cooked them a little but they still tasted good. We watched a BBC movie called Suspicions of Mr. Whicher, it was an investigation of a murdered child in the 1890's by investigator Mr. Whicher. It was based on a real story but wasn't that good. Then we watched an episode of Case Histories. We had a very nice day. LIFE IS GOOD.

Relaxing in front of the television
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth