Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, May 28, 2018

Sunday 5-27 A Relaxing Day

Just enjoying the day

It was a beautiful sunny day. Larry asked if I wanted to go to the lake, I told him maybe tomorrow. My tooth wasn't bugging me as much today but I wanted to give it another day before going to the lake. I'm still putting the Oragel on it and it's helping. I'm still going to call the dentist on Tuesday.

I spent most of the day doing Sudoku puzzles and working on my annual book from last year's adventures. For the past eleven years I have written a yearly book about our adventures. A company called Blurb offers a program that allows you to write a book and upload it to them and they publish it. They offer a step by step program to create a book. The programs has different layouts for photos, text and photo/text to choose from. You choose the type and size of font you want to use. This year they have a new program called Book Write, where you have a lot more creativity freedom. If you can't find a layout you like you can draw your own. It's a lot more challenging but it's fun. I love what they offer.

The new carburetor for the motorcycle came in and Larry decided to installing it. It wasn't exactly the same as the old one so he took a couple of parts off the old one and put them on the new one. After he installed the carburetor he adjusted it and then took it for a ride. It ran great. He wanted to test it out with both of us on it so we went for a ride. 

We rode to Roger Park to check to see how many people were there. It was about noon and the boat ramp was busy with people putting their boats in and taking them out. Most of the boats on the lake were families enjoying the lake. Then we rode by the boat ramp on Arrowhead. We were surprised that it wasn't that busy. There were plenty of parking and the boat traffic was very lite. Usually in the summertime on the weekends the parking lot is full.

The motorcycle ran great with both of us on it. Larry thinks that the carburetor is running a little too lean so he's going to keep an eye on it. He'll make adjustments if he needs to.

In the evening we watched a DVD called Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them. We have watched this movie a few times and I still enjoy it.  
  

        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth