Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Wednesday 3-7 Visiting the Dentist

Smile and be happy

This morning it was brisk outside but it was another beautiful day. 

First thing this morning was a trip to the dentist to have our teeth cleaned. Our appointment was at 8:30 which meant I had to get up early. The hygienist took x-rays and when the dentist looked at them he found that on the left side of my mouth in a couple of places my teeth were starting to break down. He has been fighting with a tooth in the far back upper for over a year and he saw that it needed more work on the side he hadn't worked on. He also saw that one of the front teeth needed work. He said I could get the tooth in the back pulled and live without it but I couldn't live without the front tooth. He said he wasn't sure what was causing the teeth to break down but it might be sweets. I admitted that I have no will power when it comes to sweets, especially orange mint Life Savers, well, it finally caught up with me. He recommended that I cut back on how many mints I eat. When I checked out I made an appointment to get the front tooth filled in May. I think I'll get the  back tooth taken out considering its loose anyway but I have time to think about it. 

Visiting the dentist

After lunch Larry went outside to work on the Minnie. He replaced the water pump before we went to The Valley and while it has worked he has had to work on the connection to it a couple of times and he still doesn't think it sounds like it should. He ordered a different pump and it came in the other day. Before he could install the new pump he had to make a platform for it. He installed the new pump and it would not work at all. He ended up taking the new pump back out and reinstalled the old pump but he decided to re-plumb the incoming connection. 

While Larry was working on the Minnie I took a nap, which ended up being a couple of hours. When I woke up we went to town to pickup the parts he needed for the water pump project. By the time we got home it was 4:30 so he decided he would wait until tomorrow to finish the project.

In the evening we watched YouTube videos and a PBS documentary off of Amazon called Abacus Small Enough To Jail. It was about a family-owned community bank in Manhattan Chinatown, which became the only financial institution to actually face criminal charges during the Subprime mortgage crisis between 2007-2010. It was an interesting documentary following the family through the court process. We liked it. Afterwards I worked out for an hour. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!          

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth