Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, February 12, 2018

Sunday 2-11 Icy Cold Day


We woke to 27 degrees and wind. It's cold outside. Honey, what should we do? Absolutely nothing. We didn't leave the house.
Last night when I was getting ready for bed I realized I had forgotten to take the last loaf of bread out of the freezer. Before climbing into bed I put the loaf in a bread pan and coated the piece of plastic wrap with non stick spray. By the time I finished doing this it was 1:00 in the morning so I knew it wouldn't be ready when Larry got up. This morning when Larry checked on the bread it hadn't started to rise at all. The bread finished rising at noon. I heated up the oven and baked the bread for twenty minutes. It came out great. We snacked on freshly baked bread all afternoon.
Freshly baked bread
While hanging around the house I worked on my annual book. Larry read. When the Olympics came on we watched it. During the two hour break we watched YouTube videos and news. 
It has been cold all day and in the afternoon it started to rain. Larry went out to check the temperature inside the Minnie and discovered it was so cold that icicles had formed on the Minnie. Wow, I was glad that I was inside. A couple hours later the icicles were all gone.


Icicles hanging from the Minnie

More icicles on the eaves of the house

For dinner I grilled some HEB Jalapeno cheese and sausage poppers. We spent the rest of the evening watching the Olympics.


Watching the Olympics
           

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth