Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Saturday 9-2 Moving On


We started the day out by walking over to the bathhouse and taking a shower. Then we went over to have a Farewell Breakfast. The breakfast started at 7:00 and went until 9:00 so folks came and went as they got around. We said our good-byes last night after the dance. We had breakfast with a couple from the Denver area and said good-bye to them. After breakfast we went back to the Minnie and got it ready to leave. We were on the road by 8:15.

The hurricane that went through Texas took out a lot of the refineries in Houston which is causing gas shortages in Texas. Last night people going back to Texas were told to fill up their vehicles whenever they could. We're going to be on the road for another two months and hopefully the gas problem will be stabilized before we return.

On the way to our destination for the night we stopped by a Cricket Store to activate our phone to get the internet in Canada. Larry tried to activate the phone by calling them but our phone number had expired and he needed a buy a new Simm card. While we were waiting at the store I played with a four month old puppy that was in the store. At first the puppy was scared but then it warmed up to me.


Welcome to Wyoming

We drove from South Fork, Colorado to Encampment, Wyoming, it took about 9 hours. While Larry drove I napped. We drove through a couple of mountain ranges. We saw pronghorns and farmlands. It was a nice drive when I could keep my eyes open. We stopped by a lake in Walden, Colorado and were thinking about staying there for the night but decided to continue on to a free overnight camping area in Encampment that had power. It was only 45 miles from Walden. While driving to Encampment we saw flyovers that had been built that allow wildlife to walk on them to get across the highway.


Scenery we saw while driving down the hghway

Safe crossing for wildlife

Encampment City Park is a very nice place to stay for the night. It has a bathroom with running water and electricity which came in handy because it was 89 degrees when we stopped. It's not fancy but it's a great place for the night. It survives on donations.

After dinner I decided to go for a walk around the block. As I was starting to walk I saw four gorgeous deer grazing in the field next to the where we were staying. I had forgotten my camera so I walked back to the Minnie to get it and tell Larry about the deer. He gave me my camera and came out to see the deer. Larry told me it was really getting too dark to take pictures. I agreed and gave the camera back to him. Then I walked around for fifteen minutes. I was going to walk for a half hour but I was disturbing the dogs in the neighborhood so I decided to stop after fifteen minutes. 

We had a super day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth