Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, August 14, 2017

Sunday 8-13 Struggling Flowers

Good News and Bad News
My poor flowers. On June 5th I planted flowers in a planter around an oak tree in the backyard. I have been watering them twice a day and watching them grow from seed to a plant. It has been a very slow process considering it is summertime. A few weeks ago when we got back from one of our weekend square dancing events we noticed that the plants on the north side were gone, we figured they were eaten by the deer, we weren't positive but this morning we caught the evidence on camera. For the past month or so we have been seeing a family of deer (a doe and her two fawns) grazing in the backyard. Larry protected my flowers one day from the deer but this morning he couldn't. One of the fawns started eating the flowers in the back of the planter and mom decided to join it. When I woke up Larry showed me the video, I was a little upset so we went outside to check out the damage. The plants in the back were totally gone but the good news was they left the tall plants alone. I still hope to be able to see one of the Marigolds bloom before our trip. Oh, well I at least I enjoyed watching the flowers grow for a couple of months and the deer enjoyed them.

We spent the day hanging around the house. Larry continues to work on rebuilding the dining room chair. He finished cleaning and rebuilding the pieces, now the chair is ready to be reassembled. I worked on my jig saw puzzle on and off throughout the day. I also worked out on my Wii Fit for a half hour and Gold's Gym for a half hour.

In the evening we watched a 2008 movie called The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It starred Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett and Filda Swinton. I liked the movie very much. We had a very nice day.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth