Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Monday 8-14 Doing This and That

Another beautiful summer day

The weather forecast says the wind will be blowing for the next four days and if today was any indication they got it correct.

The first couple of things we did was at the house. Larry began the process of reassembling the chair by gluing the first couple of pieces together. Before applying the glue he cleaned the pieces with Acetone. After gluing and clamping the pieces with Gorilla brand wood glue he has to wipe off the excess glue with warm water and a paper towel. This process is going to take a few days considering he can only glue a couple of pieces together at a time and then he has to wait 24 hours for the glue to setup.

While Larry was working on the chair I finished assembling my jig saw puzzle. It took me six weeks to assemble the Majestic puzzle but I had a great time doing it.


Machining the back of the chair where it was rebuilt with wood filler


Cleaning with Acetone

Gluing pieces together
The finished Majestic Puzzle

I was watering my flowers that survived the deer attack and I discovered my marigold flower is starting to bloom. This is very exciting.


One of the marigolds starting to bloom

The flowers that survived


The other day when Larry was installing the Kwikset Deadbolt he rekeyed the lock to our house key but it didn't work correctly so this morning we went to town to visit our neighborhood locksmith in Belton. We have used them multiple times and they did a great job each time. The worker looked at the lock and played with it and said the cylinder in the lock was bad. He found one in his stock and replaced the cylinder, it works perfect. He told us we could call Kwikset and they would send us a new one or he could install the one he had for $15.00 and he would take care of getting it replaced. Larry was thrilled and gave him $30. Belton Locksmith once again gave us excellent customer service.

When we got back to the house it was time for lunch. In the afternoon I was doing Sudoku and I couldn't keep my eyes open so I laid down for about an hour. When I woke up I worked out for a half hour on my Wii Fit. Then we watched our YouTube videos.

In the evening we went to Sun City to square dance with the Sundancers. Brad called another outstanding dance and an A tip. We had five couples for A and six squares for the dance. We had another great time dancing with friends and to Brad. When we got home I worked out with Just Dance for a half hour. We had a very good day of doing this and that. LIFE OS GOOD!!!!!!!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth