Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Wednesday 7-26 Walking, Dancing and Having Fun

Smile and be Happy

The wind was blowing hard when we woke up so we decided to go for walk instead of going to the lake. Larry and I drove to Pepper Creek Trail in Temple. We have walked this trail many times and still enjoy it. We haven't had any rain in a long time and pepper creek wasn't flowing so one of the waterfalls wasn't flowing. We walked for about an hour and had a great time. The number of people we see when we walk this trail is amazing. 


Pepper Creek Trail map

Larry has been reading about Pepper Creek trail being expanded. After our walk we drove around to see how far the trail goes. As we were doing this we were a little disappointed that there was no parking areas anywhere. We found the end of the trail, Larry turned on the flashers and walked over to a sign to look at the trail map. We were at the end of the trail but no parking.

Every week when we drive to Allemande Hall we have been watching the corn crops grow. The last couple of weeks the crops looked like they were ready to be harvested. On the way home we saw a farmer harvesting his corn crops. Larry stopped so I could take pictures of it. 


Cutting the corn crop
 By the time we got home it was time for lunch. After lunch I watered my flowers, the Marigolds are growing taller and taller every day but still no flowers. According to our friends and the local paper due to all the heat gardens have stopped producing, they have even cancelled one of the local farmers markets. Maybe I planted my flowers too late for them to bloom but I'm not giving up on them yet.

I worked on my puzzle and played my daily challenges. Larry read a book. I also took a nap. Before the news came on we watched our YouTube videos.


My Marigold flowers

After dinner we met up with Louis at Walmart to go to Allemande Hall to dance with the TIPS Club. We started dancing a little early and we didn't have enough people for a square so we did a two couple square, great fun. After the tip there were enough people for a square and an extra person. When we finished our second tip Wendell showed up so we asked him to run the computer and he was happy to do so. Wendell is one of the TIPS callers, he shows up every Wednesday. He enjoys running the computer and helping the dancers. He says he is learning a lot by doing so. We had a super time dancing with friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth