Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Tuesday 7-4 Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July to everyone

I hope everyone had a good Fourth of July. We had a very relaxing day. Well, I should say I had a relaxing day. Larry worked on his boat project of building a wake plate all day. He started in the morning and finished about dinnertime. The only time he stopped was to have lunch. I barbecued baby back ribs for lunch. After lunch he went back to working on the plate. Once he finished the plate he put it on the side of the boat with the suction cups to see how it looked. It came out excellent. He read that the plate can come off the boat so you need to connect it with a floating device to retrieve it or it will sink to the bottom of the lake. Some people had the plate connected to a rope that was tied to the back of the boat. The problem with that was some people had it come back in the boat and it could hurt someone or do damage to the boat. Larry tied a strap to the suction cups and he's going to tie the other end to an old life vest that way the plate will float.


Finished Wake Plate for the boat

While Larry was working on the boat project I worked on my puzzle and I started getting ready to begin my new annual book, I also worked out for an hour using WiiFit and Just Dance. 

For dinner we had corn on the cob, Larry also had a salad while I had a tortilla with cheese and pepperoni on it. In the evening we watched YouTube videos and an Amazon movie called Ladies in Lavender. The movie starred Judi Dench and Maggie Smith. It was a drama, music, comedy about two sisters who befriended a foreigner who washes up on the beach in their 1930's village. It was a good movie. Afterwards we watched The Tunnel. Then we went to town to get dessert. We were going to Freddie's but when we got there they had closed early so we went across the street to McDonald's and had a sundae. We had a very nice Fourth of July.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth