Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Tuesday 7-11 Keeping Cool


We woke up to wind so we didn't go to the lake instead we stayed at the house. In fact we didn't leave the house at all. It was another 100 degree day at the house so we kept cool under the air conditioner.

While hanging around the house Larry got bored and decided to do a small project. We have over 30 devices working off the internet through a router and Larry wanted to identify which devices they were and where they were. He spent the morning and part of the afternoon doing this. While he was doing this I worked on my puzzle, took a nap, worked out on my Wii Fit for a half hour and worked a little on writing my book. 

I watered my flowers that I planted and it still amazes me on how fast they are going. I planted them 36 days ago. I planted marigolds on the south side of the planter and they are really taking off. They are taller than the planter. It takes the marigolds 45 to 60 days to bloom so I have to be patient. The zinnias were planted in the back and on the north side and they are growing just as well. It takes them 35 to 60 days to bloom. I planted the nasturtiums in the front, they were the last to come up and they don't look too good, I'm not sure they're going to make it. I thinking maybe their getting too much sun in the afternoon. The temperature has been 98 to 100 degrees. It takes them 32 to 40 days to bloom. I'm still having fun watching the flowers grow.  

Zinnias in the front

Marigolds in front and Nasturtiums on the left
Sunday we danced all day and didn't get home until 9:00 so we didn't watch our weekly shows on PBS, however, with the Roku we watched them tonight. While watching TV Larry looked out the back window and saw a fawn and a couple of does. The fawn is very young, it still has its spots. It was getting braver and wandering further away from its mom but once mom saw this she got closer to it and stayed there. We never get tired of watching the wildlife. We watched our YouTube videos. I worked on my daily challenges. We had a super day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth