Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, June 23, 2017

Thursday 6-22 Busy, Busy Day

We had a busy day
First thing this morning Larry asked if I wanted to go to the lake considering it wasn't windy. I told him no considering I didn't feel like it, maybe tomorrow.

The first thing we did was yard stuff. Every other Thursday we mow the front yard if it needs it. This week was the week to mow. It was early so it wasn't too hot. While I mowed Larry blew out the garage, the front porch and down the driveway then he sprayed weeds and treated a few ant hills. When I finished mowing I blew off the lawn mower and Larry blew off the driveway again.

Mowing the yard

Last month I wrote that we wanted to get the couch for the Minnie recovered and we have an appointment for next Wednesday, after doing the yard work we took the couch seat into the upholstery company. When we got there he was busy and he was afraid that we were on his schedule for the day. We told him we were scheduled for next Wednesday and that we just wanted to drop it off ahead of time. While there Larry reminded him to order the foam for the cushions. Earl was happy Larry did considering he had forgotten. He had it written down but hadn't called yet. It should be done at the end of the day on Wednesday.

The next project was cleaning the house and doing dishes. After lunch I cleaned the bathrooms, dusted the furniture, vacuumed the house and did the dishes. I have a dishwasher but I prefer to do the dishes myself considering it's just the two of us.

House cleaning

I'm so excited I finished assembling my 2,000 piece jig saw puzzle Country Music by Buffalo. I started it March 14th and finally finished it today June 22nd. It was harder than I thought. I started out by doing the frame and then I separated the colors. I kept the green color for last considering it had the most pieces. I did take a couple of months off when we went on our Spring Trip up the Mississippi River. I had about ten pieces left to put in the puzzle and I had trouble finding where to put them. Larry helped me out and looked around the assembled part of the puzzle and found where I had put a piece in the wrong spot. I Found a couple other places I had put the pieces in the wrong spot. When I had finished assembling the puzzle it was missing a piece so I pushed out the couch and looked under it, no puzzle piece. Oh, where can the piece be, then I remembered while I was assembling the puzzle I found one under the refrigerator so I checked the refrigerator, guess what? There it was. The mystery of the missing piece was solved.


Kim Norlien Country Music puzzle by Buffalo 

In the evening Larry and Patricia came to the house to go to Sun City for our Thursday A dancing with the Sundancers. This evening we were shy one person to make two squares so we rotated people in and out of the square. When the person that didn't have a partner was going to dance he had to get one of the ladies that was sitting out up to dance with him. We had a lot of fun.

When we got home we watched two episodes of Midsomer Murders on KLRU. Then I did my daily challenges. We had a very busy day but we had fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth