Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Friday 6-16 Cooking Fresh Green Beans

Smile and be happy

We haven't been to the lake since Louise was here over two weeks ago. It has been windy, we really wanted to go this morning but the wind came up. Instead we hung around the house. 

Larry finished editing my annual adventure book. I worked on my jig saw puzzle and reread my annual book to double check it for mistakes. 

Yesterday, when Larry and Patrica came to the house Patrica brought fresh green beans from their garden. I had never cooked fresh green beans, I boiled them in water for about twenty minutes until they were tender, then I drained the water off and added butter to them. They tasted pretty good. Larry said his mother used to put bacon in with them but I didn't have any bacon thawed. The other day when we went grocery shopping we picked up some seasoned pork for fajitas. While I was cooking the green beans I put half of the pork in the crock pot and slow cooked it for four hours. Then I shredded it and made tacos out of the pork for dinner.

I worked out with Gold's Gym for a half hour, Just Dance for a half hour and Wii Fit for a half hour. After dinner we watched YouTube videos and finished up the the ten episodes of the Amazon Pilot Z- The Beginning of Everything. I liked the shows, they were well done and there was a good story but the season didn't have an ending, it was apparently left open for Amazon to have another season. I didn't like that. Then I did my daily challenges. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth