Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Wednesday 5-10 Yardwork


Larry and I started the day off by going for a walk to Temple Lake Park and back, it was about 3 miles. It was overcast and there was a little breeze which made the walk pleasant. Larry wanted to check out the park considering it was closed for about a year. Last spring the park was underwater and when the water went down it had damaged the restrooms. They wanted to open the park to the public but didn't have the money to rebuild the restrooms so they have put in port a johns. As we were walking the road to the park we saw some wild berries growing on the hill by the road. Once at the park we walked through it to the entrance and took the road back to the house. The park looked great. 

When we got home we rested about an hour and then Larry decided to trim an oak tree on the side of the house. One of the branches was touching the roof. He got his extension ladder out and put the standoffs on it so he could get on the roof, while he was climbing the ladder I handed him his saws. He trimmed the tree the best he could from the roof and then he got off the roof and used a pole saw to cut the rest of the arm off. After lunch we took care of the trimming. 

The tree that needed to be trimmed back

Starting trimming off the branch

More trimming

When we were on our trip we hired a yard crew to mow every other week. They came last week and mowed but the front yard was starting to get a bit uneven so I decided to mow. It took me forty-five minutes to do the front yard. Larry got out his gorilla ladder out and sealed the tree where he had taken the arm off. Then he blew off the driveway.

Mowing the yard

When it was time for dinner I barbecued sausages on the gas grill. The last time I used the grill the temperature gauge on the lid didn't work. I told Larry and he ordered a new one. When it came in he installed it. I had forgotten he had replaced the gauge so when I turned on the grill I was surprised to see that it was working. Then I remembered that Larry had replaced it. It's tough getting old.

Getting ready to grill sausage
The new gauge working

In the evening we watched an Amazon movie called Manchester By The Sea. Before watching it Larry read the reviews and said they weren't great but the movie had won a couple of awards so we decided to watch it. It was a slow moving movie and we didn't like it. After the movie I worked on my puzzle until it was time to go to bed. We had a nice day.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth