Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Tuesday 1-31 Another Beautiful Day

Another beautiful sunny day
After a couple days of walking we decided to take the day off. Our legs were a little sore considering we hadn't walked in awhile.

Doing housework
The only thing on our agenda was to wax the Minnie but the day started out chilly so while we waited for it to warm up I did a little housework. I did dishes and vacuumed the house. Larry did a little reading. When I finished my housework we loaded Flo into the car and headed to town.

Larry wanted to buy a memory stick for a music project he was working on. He found he could get a 16 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive at Best Buy for $6.99. Larry is also working on a project that will allow him to run his CPAP machine from the battery in the RV, currently it only works via household electricity and many times when we travel we don't have access to electricity. He has bought a converter that will work for this but he needs to wire a 12 volt plug in near the head of the bed, while we were at Best Buy he looked at wire but they did not have what he wanted. We bought the flash drive and headed towards the house.

On the way home we stopped by Walmart to see if we could find wire that would work. Larry decided to buy an inexpensive extension cord, it has copper wire and he can cut the ends off and cut the wire to the correct length.

Sewing buttons on shirts
After lunch I did a small sewing project. A button fell off a couple of my blouses and on one of Larry's shirts a button broke in half so I sewed on new buttons. Usually I complain about doing sewing projects considering I end up tearing out some of the stitching. The only stitching I had to do while doing this project was to attach the buttons so I didn't mind doing this project.

Waxing the back of the Minnie

Waxing the side of the Minnie
When I finished my project we went outside to wax the Minnie. What I really should say is Larry waxes the Minnie and I wipe the wax off. Larry started waxing the back of the Minnie but he stopped, due to the sun it was difficult to see what he was doing. He ended up waxing one side of the Minnie before running out of wax. The wax he likes and has used for years he buys by the gallon from the company that manufactures it in California, he knew there was some left in the gallon container but unfortunately it had dried up and became unusable, the container has been sitting around for years, it take a long time to use a gallon of automotive wax. He placed an order for another gallon but we will have to wait for it to arrive before we can finish the job.

In the evening we watched YouTube videos, our PBS weekly show, Mercy Street and a movie from Amazon called, Learning to Drive. It was a cute comedy drama. We had a very nice day.         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth