Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, January 2, 2017

Sunday 1-1 Happy New Years

Happy New Years 2017
Sunday January 1, 2017

Happy New Years!! We had a super 2016 and 2017 has started out outstanding with our trip to the Rio Grande Valley. We never plan trips very far ahead but right now we do hope to spend around 5 months this year on the road. Of course our trip here to the valley is getting things started and come spring we will head out for a long trip somewhere.

Falcon Lake
We started the year out by going for a ride. We left Flo at home and drove to Falcon Lake Dam. Falcon Lake is an International Reservoir on the Rio Grande river, it is managed jointly by Mexico and the United States. There is a state park on Falcon Lake but we didn't have a state park pass so we decided to go to the dam. Well, we didn't quite go over the dam considering you had to enter into Mexico and we didn't have our passports with us. When we got to the border crossing we turned around and headed back. While we were driving to the dam we noticed there was a lot of law enforcement on the road so on the way back we decided just for fun to count how many law enforcement vehicles we can see. By the time we got back we counted 42 cars, amazing, 37 of the vehicles were from the dam through Rio Grande City, which was only about 15 miles. What was weird about this is Rio Grande City Texas has a population of 13,834. We know the reason was to prevent illegals from coming in from Mexico but isn't this a little bit of over kill on a Sunday morning.

J-Five RV Park
When we got home Flo was happy to see us. We relaxed for about an hour and then Larry and I walked to the club house for a hamburger lunch to welcome in the New Year. It cost $4.00 per person and it was well worth it. We had a hamburger with all the toppings, beans, potato chips, cookies and ice cream bar for dessert. There were a lot of people that attended the gathering. The only things we had to bring was plates and utensils. We had a super time visiting with people in the park.

After the lunch we went back to the house. We relaxed a little and then we took showers at the club house. While Larry was taking his shower Flo wanted to go outside so I sat outside with her. We were enjoying the cool weather when our friends Glenn and Char stopped by to say hi. They are a bit disappointed with their current RV Park, when it rains their sites are muddy and they don't have any concrete slabs so they were checking out other RV parks. We had told them where we were staying and as they were driving around our park they saw me so they stopped by. After Larry was finished with his shower we visited a little longer. They liked our park and might stay here next season. We'll be dancing with them tomorrow.

One of our neighbor all decorated for Christmas
I had a very slow day for activities so before dinner I walked around the park to get my steps in. As I was walking I took a few pictures. I did six laps and then called it a day. I had worn the wrong shoes and I was afraid that I was getting a blister. I had a nice walk. When I got back it was time for dinner. I heated up leftover bacon so it was an easy dinner.  

Four of our neighbors going for their night ride
Salty Caramel Cookies for dessert
In the evening we relaxed and watched a little television. While we were relaxing our neighbors took their dogs for their night ride. I've been meaning to get a picture of them so tonight I asked their owners if it would be alright and they were more than happy to let me. We watched 60 Minutes and the start of the fourth season of Sherlock on PBS. We had a super New Years.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth